Panoura 18S – The Best Dental Panoramic X-Ray for Your Money
What’s so great about a Direct Conversion Sensor?
Better detail, higher confidence, no retakes
Every scan captures over 50 different panoramic layers!
With most panoramic x-ray units, the arch of the patient needs to be exactly where the machine wants: along the path where the beam is focused.
- If positioning is not precise, a poor image can result.
- If the patient shifts slightly during the time the operator walks out to initiate the scan, a poor image can result.
- If the patient’s arch doesn’t match the trajectory of the scan, certain anatomy may not be in focus.
- The emergence profile of the anteriors could make it difficult to capture both mandibular and maxillary apices clearly in the panoramic scan.
The Panoura 18S also has Multi-Focal Plane capture capability. This means that every scan captures many layers both forward and backward. This creates a wide “envelope” where much more data is captured around where the patient is positioned.
Not only Bitewings, but an entire FMX!
Vertical bitewing feature as well as FMX Clipping feature creates 18 intraoral-sized images clipped from the pan with one click.
Ideal tool for patients who won’t tolerate traditional PAs
- Instead of taking 18 individual images with an intraoral X-Ray, they can all be generated at once in 14 seconds.